UNIDEM Sales Inc. is pleased to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, by disclosing our information practices, ensuring visitors that the information collected and distributed within this Web site will be used for only the stated reason. UNIDEM Sales Inc. respects the privacy of the visitors to our Web site. Your personal information is collected for the purpose of responding to your inquiries.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
This Web site takes every precaution to protect our users’ personal information. When users submit sensitive information via our Web site, your information is protected both on-line and off-line.
All of our users’ information, not only the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to regain access to your information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
UNIDEM Sales Inc. strives to provide you with the most secure transmission environment possible. To secure the transfer of personal information, UNIDEM Sales Inc. has obtained a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Server Certificate. The certificate is used for product order forms on the site. Information entered here is collected within a secure page, such that it is encrypted while being transferred to Psigate, our secure payment gateway provider. For information on Psigate’s privacy and security policies, please visit their web site at www.psigate.com. UNIDEM Sales Inc. storage of personal information is limited to customer contact information only; we do not store customer’s financial information.
If you have any questions about the security on our Web site, you can send an email to [email protected].
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 8-1288 Ritson Rd. N. Box 240 Oshawa, ON L1G 8B2.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.